Re: Gnome AddressBook?

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 13:23:24 +0000
Ed Sutherland <digital@twcny.rr.com> wrote:

> I'm running on the PPC version of Debian -- probably explains this:
>
> digital:/home/ed# apt-cache showpkg gnome-pim
> Package: gnome-pim
> Versions:
>
> Reverse Depends:
>   gfax,gnome-pim
> Dependencies:
> Provides:
> Reverse Provides:
> digital:/home/ed#
>
> digital:/home/ed# apt-get install gnome-pim
> Reading Package Lists... Done
> Building Dependency Tree... Done
> Package gnome-pim is not available, but is referred to by another
> package. This may mean that the package is missing, has been obsoleted,
> or is only available from another source
> E: Package gnome-pim has no installation candidate

I don't think so.  After all, if you look at what I put in, you see:

>> Versions:
>>  1.4.9-2.1(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_unstable_
>> main_binary-i386_Packages)(/var/lib/dpkg/status)
>> 1.4.6-1woody1(/var/lib/apt/lists/ftp.us.debian.org_debian_dists_stable_
>> main_binary-i386_Packages)

i.e. that there's a version in stable and a version in unstable.  I then
go to p.d.o and look at gnome-pim, and I see:

} Package gnome-pim
}
}     * stable (utils): Calendar and address book for GNOME.
}       1.4.6-1woody1: alpha arm hppa i386 ia64 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc
}     * unstable (gnome): calendar and address book for GNOME
}       1.4.9-2.1: alpha arm hppa i386 ia64 m68k mips mipsel powerpc s390 sparc

i.e. that the version in stable and the version in unstable are both
available for the powerpc.

So I don't think your problem is that you're on a PPC.  I suspect your
problem is that you're strictly tracking testing (which, as a side
comment, is fairly safe now, but won't be after the release).

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)