Re: Problem with kernel boot with version 2.4.25 or later

The following is how I compiled the kernel

  • tar jxf kernel-source-2.4.18.tar.bz2
  • ln -s /usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18 linux
  • cd /usr/src/linux
  • cp /boot/config-2.4.18-bf2.4 ./.config
  • make-kpkg clean
  • make-kpkg --config menuconfig kernel_image
I understand a little about initrd now but I am not sure how the config options would be tweaked or even which ones to tweak.  I tried removing the initrd from the configuration but this had no effect on the issue.  I also looked at what I thought was the config options  for the ide and this appeared to be compiled into the kernel so I left these unchanged.  It is also completely possible that I looked at the wrong config options.

Some guidance on what options should be tweaked from the default bf24 config would be helpful.

Thanks