Re: Problem with kernel boot with version 2.4.25 or later

If I follow this you removed the initrd support from the "Block Devices" menu option.  The default configuration is to have this "built-in"

I am not sure I understand the second part o this referring to IDE and ext3 those from what I can tell are part of the configuration already.  Can you clarify this point.