Re: Pros/Cons Kde vs Gnome?

At 2004-06-15T03:01:59Z, Steve Lamb <grey@dmiyu.org> writes:

> Pisses me off to no end when i want to copy from folder A to folder B
> which are both in folder C and I have to open two windows and drill both
> windows down to that one subfolder and then split when I can just drill
> once, split from there, copy the files then close all.

OK, let me make sure I've got this straight.  For example, you want to copy
From /usr/share/media/music/albums/Foo1 to
/usr/share/media/music/singles/Collection2/ .  You don't want to start with
two windows at "/" and drill down separately, right?

If so, in Konqueror, you navigate to your .../albums/Foo1 folder.  Select
the "Location -> Duplicate Window" menu (first menu, third item).  Click the
up arrow twice to take you back to /usr/share/media/music.  Click "singles"
then "Collection2".

Now you have two windows without having to dig from root in each one.
Having said that, do you like or dislike that method, and why?  After years
of using an Amiga, I kind of like the browser model now.  I'm curious about
how other people use their file managers differently from the way I use one.

Of course, my main file manager is Konsole and Zsh, so most of this is
academic on my part.  :)
--
Kirk Strauser
In Googlis non est, ergo non est.