Re: lpd printing problems to HP directjet card

Kent,

The following printcap entry works fine for me with my networked HP LaserJet
2100 TN.  The 'rp=text' line is suggested on HP's web site as the best way to
prevent the 'stair-stepping' effect when text is printed.

Barry

lp|Remote printer entry:\
         :lp=:\
         :rm=xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:\           <= put the printer's ip address here
         :rp=text:\
         :sd=/var/spool/lpd/remote:\
         :mx#0:\
         :sh: