Re: ccing

s. keeling wrote:
> In other words, I don't need to watch all my mailboxes all the time;
> mutt's doing that for me.  If new mail lands in any of them, the next
> time I type "c" to change to another folder, mutt offers to go to the
> next one in the list that contains new mail.  Hit spacebar and it
> offers to go to the next one after that instead.

    That is not good enough.  I look over at my folder list for one work
address and I have, for example, abuse, billing, support.  I need to know
whenever mail is in support or billing so I may answer as quickly as possible.
 I need to track abuse so that if something's going on and one of of the
messages in the other two boxes references it I'll know about it.  But I don't
*Need* to hit abuse every new message.  I can, and do, let it sit as it is
someone else's responsibility.

    Mutt's "new mail here!" feature doesn't provide any granularity betwee
ignore it completely (not in the list of folders to watch), give it the same
weight as every other watched folder or "check the folder list manually".

    Works for some people, not others.  At least that's something elmo gets right.