Re: OT wordprocessing anyone?

On Saturday 12 June 2004 12:25, Brad Sims wrote:
[...]
> Hrm, I played yesterday with texmacs and while the keybindings are
> those of EMACS (Esc Meta Alt Ctrl Shift) it /is/ usable with a
> mouse and I liked it better than kile for some reason.

Well... I have just had a quick look too.  Texmacs does look quite
usable, with a few reservations.  As installed (without creating new
styles), it is really like using msword the way the average joe or
jill does -- adjust each paragraph by eye, rather than using a proper
structure.  No title style, etc.  As Raju warned, it is not writing
tex, and in fact you cannot see what it _is_ writing at all.  But it
is true wysiwig and would be quick to work in. It did crash once
while I was playing -- but that was my fault for choosing something
inappropriate from a menu. And it could not stomach importing my work
in progress latex file - just gave a couple of pages of red error
messages.  Working on a fresh file was sweet enough though. So,
probably a really easy way to go.  Why do I always prefer the
difficult way?

I must go and look at groff now, before deciding to stay with kile and
learn latex.

--
richard