Re: OT wordprocessing anyone?

On Friday 11 June 2004 20:18, Brad Sims wrote:
> On Friday 11 June 2004 7:58 am, Matthias Czapla wrote:
> > I think if you're not willing to learn LaTeX or troff commands
> > you don't have many options besides OpenOffice.org.
>
> Hrm, Abiword, Koffice are options, Kile is an option if you
> like LaTeX but despise Lyx,.
>
> Give Scribus a try.

Thanks. I shall look again at abiword and kword. I had tried them a
little in the past, but given up at stages where they were broken for
various reasons -- old history now.  I do use scribus, and like it
for what it does.  But you very much have to lay out each page
individually, so it is great for display work but less good for more
wordprocessing type of use.  Kile, I am trying to get used to, and to
use it to help me learn latex.  I haven yet discovered if it can be
extended to pick and insert environments and commands from memoir (to
which others here pointed me).

--
richard