Re: OT wordprocessing anyone?

On Friday 11 June 2004 20:18, Brad Sims wrote:
[...]
> Hrm, Abiword, Koffice are options, Kile is an option if you
> like LaTeX but despise Lyx,.

I have cracked it now -- I think.  I am going with memoir and Kile --
and learning a lot about LaTeX in the process.  I tried
Vim+LatexSuite for a day, and eventually decided I prefer Kile, which
seems to give me more of the latex output, making it easier to locate
problems.

> Give Scribus a try.

Just in case anybody reads this recommendation:  I do use Scribus, and
find it excellent.  But beware printing multiple copies from scribus
through cups.  It delivers the square of the number of copies
selected!  I discovered this when I tried to print three copies of a
seventeen-page document, and received nine copies -- at least until
the paper ran out.

--
richard