Re: OT wordprocessing anyone?

On Saturday 12 June 2004 4:42 am, richard lyons wrote:
>  I do use scribus, and like it
> for what it does.  But you very much have to lay out each page
> individually, so it is great for display work but less good for more
> wordprocessing type of use.  Kile, I am trying to get used to, and to
> use it to help me learn latex.  I haven yet discovered if it can be
> extended to pick and insert environments and commands from memoir (to
> which others here pointed me).

Yeah Scribus is more like Adobe Pagemaker than a straight wordprocessor.

Hrm, I played yesterday with texmacs and while the keybindings are
those of EMACS (Esc Meta Alt Ctrl Shift) it /is/ usable with a mouse
and I liked it better than kile for some reason.

--
"Carpe Daemon - Seize the Background Process"