Re: ccing

Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca> writes:

> Cheryl Homiak <chomiak@charter.net> writes:
>
>> I agree that it's irritating to get duplicate messages. However, it's
>> often not that the person deliberately did a cc. At least in Pine, I
>> often get messages from this list where when I go to reply i'm asked if
>> I want to reply to all recipients.
>
> Reply To All is not the option you're looking for.  You want reply to
> list.  Sorry, Pine doesn't have this, you'll need an actually maintained
> MUA to get basic functionality like reply-to-list.  I strongly recommend
> mutt (the de-facto standard on the list and fairly easy to transition to
> From pine) or gnus (it's everything and a bag of chips, but you *really*
> have to like emacs to use it).

Having a separate reply-to-list function always seemed retarded to me.
It's yet another keystroke to learn, and you have to keep track of
whether you're replying to a mailing list or not.

I much prefer the way gnus does it--a "followup" function that figures
out if you're replying to a list or not and does the right thing,
i.e. either a reply-to-list or a reply-to-all.

Yet another reason why I hate mutt...

--
You win again, gravity!