Re: Solved with a modeline: Re: NEC2080UX+ - "Supported Future Video Modes"

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 04:26:25PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:
>   if you set the frequencies right it should work without edid (and
> without modelines). it's possible you will need modeline though, I don't
> know the details of your situation...

You sir are my hero!  I didn't need the Modeline.  All I needed was
IgnoreEDID=True and in the monitor section:
    HorizSync   64 - 64
    VertRefresh 60 - 60
which are the numbers the monitor reports in Windows.

It's a flat-panel monitor; 60hz is the "natural" frequency.  It only
really matters when you are watching Mpegs2; at the "artificial" 75 hz
you can see tearing that goes away when you run it at 60hz.

I didn't need to add UseEdidFreqs=False, only the IgnoreEDID=true.  I
tried changing the HorizSync and VertRefresh without using IgnoreEDID,
but it did nothing.

Thank you very much for helping me solve a tough problem.