Re: Solved with a modeline: Re: NEC2080UX+ - "Supported Future Video Modes"

William Ballard wrote:
On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 03:32:35PM -0700, Erik Steffl wrote:

didn't catch the beginning but if you are sure that monitor supports it you can include the following in Section "Device":

       Option          "UseEdidFreqs" "false"
       Option          "IgnoreEdid" "true"

When I put in "IgnoreEdid" the monitor just comes up with "VGA out of sync" "UseEdidFreqs" doesn't appear to have an effect.

When you simply place a Modeline in the monitor section, how do you make X use it? Maybe I'm "IgnoringEdid" but it's not picking up the modeline.

are you using proper frequencies? X tries to set freq as high as possible for given resolution, I didn't read the beginning of the thread but it seems like you want it to use 60 instead of 75? if so make sure HorizSync has 60 as upper bound.

if you set the frequencies right it should work without edid (and without modelines). it's possible you will need modeline though, I don't know the details of your situation...

	erik