Re: make-kpkg, lm-sensors + i2c ain't work

On 07-06-2004 18:01, Chris Metzler wrote:

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:27:01 +0200
"Michal R. Hoffmann" <misiek@knm.org.pl> wrote:

I have problem with making debs of kernel modules: i2c and lm-sensors. I've downloaded sources of lm_sensors 2.8.6 (tar.gz), not the
source.deb, can it be the reason?
I've unpacked sources into /usr/src/modules/aaa
(aaa = module)
Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?  What was the specific
package that you fetched?  Did you "apt-get install lm-sensors-source"
or did you "apt-get source lm-sensors"?  And what's all this about
hmm, maybe my english is worse then I thought.

I did not downloaded i2c-source nor lm-sensors-source packages. And I did
not installed them.

I have downloaded the source from there:
http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/archive/i2c-2.8.4.tar.gz
http://secure.netroedge.com/~lm78/archive/lm_sensors-2.8.6.tar.gz

"aaa"?  The module source tarball should want to unpack into a
subdirectory of /usr/src/modules with the name "lm-sensors", and
put everything there.
And then I've unpacked them into:
/usr/src/modules/aaa
where aaa is properly:
i2c-2.8.4
lm_sensors-2.8.6

I hope now it is clear.

when I try
$ cd /usr/src/linux
$ su
# make-kpkg --revision blah --append-to-version blah modules_image

it ain't work - tries ang gives error message.

Are we supposed to guess what the error message is?  There are
different error messages for a reason; and without knowing what
the error message is, there's no way to help you.
OK, I do not know what is important (it looks like script listing) - so I paste it all:

cave:/usr/src/linux# make-kpkg --revision .1.02.mrh --append-to-version .1.02.mrh modules
for module in  ; do                       \
          if test -d  $module; then                                \
    (cd $module;                                          \
if ./debian/rules KVERS="2.4.26.1.02.mrh" KSRC="/usr/src/linux" \ KMAINT="Unknown Kernel Package Maintainer" KEMAIL="unknown@unconfigured.in.etc.kernel-pkg.conf" \
                             KPKG_DEST_DIR="/usr/src/linux/.."       \
KPKG_MAINTAINER="Unknown Kernel Package Maintainer" \
                             ARCH=i386                    \
KPKG_EXTRAV_ARG="EXTRAVERSION=.1.02.mrh" \
                             KDREV=".1.02.mrh" kdist; then          \
                  echo "Module $module processed fine";            \
              else                                                  \
                   echo "Module $module failed.";                  \
                   if [ "X" != "X" ]; then      \
echo "Perhaps $module does not understand --rootcmd?"; \ echo "If you see messages that indicate that it is not"; \ echo "in fact being built as root, please file a bug "; \
                      echo "against $module.";                     \
                   fi;                                              \
                   echo "Hit return to Continue?";                  \
	 read ans;                                        \
              fi;                                                   \
  fi;                                                      \
        done

misiek
***  Michal R. Hoffmann        |    <mailto:misiek@knm.org.pl>      ***
***             -= member of: KNM, ZUKiH, HCKU =-                   ***