Re: $PATH and /etc/profile

Carl Fink wrote:

On Tue, Jun 08, 2004 at 10:41:08PM +0000, Simon L wrote:

I wonder if you could find the line in your startup script that says
"kdm" and just change it to read "/bin/bash kdm".  I HAVE NOT TRIED
THIS and make no claim that it will work, but it would explain why
startx works and kdm does not.

There are no "kdm" line in this file ...

Which file?  If you mean /etc/init.d/kdm, I suspect you just aren't
skilled at reading shell scripts (as I am not).

Look for a lines that start with "start-stop-daemon".
It is true that I am not :P but I suspected that it was the "start-stop-daemon". The only thing is that I don't know where to add the "/bin/bash" in this line. I checked a bit more this file and I found the line "DAEMON=" so I added the /bin/bash here, but it did nothing (yes I rebooted :P )

--
E-mail: pro_virus@pvworld.ca.tc
Page Web: http://www.PVworld.ca