Re: make-kpkg, lm-sensors + i2c ain't work

On Mon, 07 Jun 2004 12:27:01 +0200
"Michal R. Hoffmann" <misiek@knm.org.pl> wrote:

> I have problem with making debs of kernel modules: i2c and lm-sensors.
> I've downloaded sources of lm_sensors 2.8.6 (tar.gz), not the
> source.deb, can it be the reason?
> I've unpacked sources into /usr/src/modules/aaa
> (aaa = module)

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this?  What was the specific
package that you fetched?  Did you "apt-get install lm-sensors-source"
or did you "apt-get source lm-sensors"?  And what's all this about
"aaa"?  The module source tarball should want to unpack into a
subdirectory of /usr/src/modules with the name "lm-sensors", and
put everything there.

> when I try
> $ cd /usr/src/linux
> $ su
> # make-kpkg --revision blah --append-to-version blah modules_image
>
> it ain't work - tries ang gives error message.

Are we supposed to guess what the error message is?  There are
different error messages for a reason; and without knowing what
the error message is, there's no way to help you.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)