Re: GTK fonts

On Wednesday, 9 Jun 2004 04:11, Stelios Asmargianakis wrote:
> I have a problem with the font size under GTK applications on KDE (the
> same happens in GNome).
> The font of the toolbar is huge. Applications like gtkam, gimp etc have
> the problem.
>
> The last how-to that I follow was at
> http://mlodecki.net/daniel/gtkfonts.html

That guide only mentions ~/.gtkrc. Recent GTK applications use GTK 2, which
uses ~/.gtkrc-2.0 and the format of that file is different from the old one.
The relevant section will be something like this:

style "user-font"
{
  font_name="FreeSans 10"
}

Where 10 is the font size in pt.

The switch and switch2 programs let you interactively choose a font for GTK
and GTK 2 applications, respectively.

(Your Reply-to header leads my mail reader to refrain from replying to the
list by default. That's not a good thing since it would prevent others from
seeing responses you received. I am assuming the header means you wish to
receive a copy off-list, so I left it that way.)

--
Alex Nordstrom