Re: GTK fonts

On Wednesday, 9 Jun 2004 05:57, Stelios Asmargianakis wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-06-08 at 22:09, Alexander Nordström wrote:
> > On Wednesday, 9 Jun 2004 04:11, Stelios Asmargianakis wrote:
> > > I have a problem with the font size under GTK applications on KDE (the
> > > same happens in GNome).
> > > The font of the toolbar is huge. Applications like gtkam, gimp etc have
> > > the problem.
> > >
> > > The last how-to that I follow was at
> > > http://mlodecki.net/daniel/gtkfonts.html
> >
> > The switch and switch2 programs let you interactively choose a font for
> > GTK and GTK 2 applications, respectively.
> >
> Thanks for your reply. I have already done all that you are saying to me
> long time before I post the email. The fact is that some apps like gtkam
> still make use the gtk 1 fonts that are huge!
>
> Also when I am running the command switch (as a user and also as a root)
> I am taking the following error:
>
> Gtk-WARNING **: Unable to locate loadable module in module_path:
> "libindustrial.so"
>
> Maybe it's a theme matter, but I switched many themes without success.

Before I get to your question, please don't top-post. It makes it very hard to
follow threads and see who wrote what. Post your reply below the message to
which you are replying, and cut it down in length if necessary. I've fixed
this up in my reply, and as you can see it's nice and easy for anyone having
the same problem to follow reading the mailing list archives, but it's a lot
of extra work that I don't need. Even more importantly, keep replies on-list
so that others can share any findings.

You're probably right about the warning, but it shouldn't matter. You
shouldn't be concerned so much about switching the theme as with switching
the font. Run switch2, click the plus sign, check the checkbox to the left of
"Use font", and click Browse to choose a typeface and suitable size, then OK
and Apply.

--
Alex Nordstrom