Re: Dear Debian Maintainers (usability)

I have to agree; Most users are just that, users.  If you want them
to mature into fellow developers and grow in both ability and
willingness to help, the community and most of all the people with
the power to directly manage it need to come together and support
that end goal in others by making them WANT to stay.

If you do not, then over time people will not grow into a position or
ability to help and then no one will do so; This leads t one person
doing more and more, things not getting done, and most of all further
degradation of the community, resulting in the distro itself clinging
to life , wavering, and then dyeing.

Of course that will take a while, but keep pushing people away by
being arrogant and unreceptive, and that will be the end result; You
cant pimp linux as being free and expect people to not believe they
still have to pay in some way, even with a small amount of effort, it
doesn't work that way in the mind of the public and it only confuses
the issue when you try, so lets all try to be receptive and above all
compassionate and helpful to opensource/linux neophytes. If treated
right they may be the next Alan or Linus, and if one person changes
that by being a arrogant fool, they do something far worse then
insult someone due to that persons ignorance, they attack the very
foundation of the open source culture and the sense of community it
is based on, and that is attacking the entire world? that is allot of
geeks, nerds, and programmers to piss of, so please all of you act
your age and help like the mature and intelligent people I would love
to think you are.

I cant control the publics opinions of individual peoples actions,
but I can remind you that every action, insult, and retort made here
is mirrored and public all around the world.. If you want to be seen
as arrogant or insulting and brave the wraith of a community that
does not like attacks on it, that's up to you.