Re: trouble installing kde

Hi all,
currently it seems that I have a similar problem: I wanted to have kdm as
display manager (please! no hints aboutdisplay and windowmanagers, ok?). I
selected it with dpkg-reconfigure kdm... and it does not work. I only can
start kde by calling startx, not as runlevel default login. Is this a bug?
When I call dpkg-reconfigure kdm and select gdm, startkde tells me lots of
errors about the missing display. but anyway, I wanted kdm :-)