Re: USB module causing lockups? (Was: Strange lockups in X)

Mmmmh... to continue the suse stuff: they gave the tip to load ehci before
ohci, and IMHO ehci stands for the faster subsystem and ohci for usb 1.1, is
that right? It would explain the situation that I have less problems with
faster usb ports, and the problem would be only in the ohci code.

Looking back.... I had lockups with XFree, too. I dont remember the
underlaying system, but  the system was frozen. When I waited for the crash
with top, X was in the first line. This had nothing to do with any usb
modules, because I did not connect something. I simply waited. Sorry that I
dont exactly remember.

But I would suggest to may have a look for interrupt sharing and acpi, that
would include both, usb and xfree/graphic drivers, wouldn't it?