Re: console keyboard setup question

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 08:34:04AM +0200, Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler wrote:
> Thanks!
>
> with your hint I did an apt-cache search on "keymap" and found console-data, a
> dpkg-reconfigre console-data and subsequenty on console-common followed by a
> reboot got my keyboard set correctly.
>
> My console still wont display umlauts though, I still need to figure out how
> to set that up.  I have chosen de-utf8 with dpkg-reconfigure locales, but I
> just want to be able to see the characters, not change the language of my
> system.

With the "af_ZA" locale I can type ü by just typing "u and ß by using
the Compose-function (Ctl-. ss).

Maybe someone else on the list can comment on the de-utf8 locale.  I
have no experience on that.

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen
      me, thou hast believed. Blessed are they that have not
      seen, and yet have believed."           John 20:29