Re: console keyboard setup question

On Wed, Jun 02, 2004 at 12:10:58AM +0200, Dr.-Ing. C. Hurschler wrote:

> I need to set my keyboard to german, and I'd like to keep the system
> language english, but be able to display umlauts in directory and
> file names.  It worked in woody, but I can't seem to get it working
> again, it doesn't seem to be part of base-config anymore.

The keymaps are in /usr/share/keymaps/

You can for example install one of them like this:
install-keymap /usr/share/keymaps/i386/qwertz/de-latin1-nodeadkeys.kmap.gz

Regards
Johann
--
Johann Spies          Telefoon: 021-808 4036

     "If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that
      giveth to all men liberally without finding fault, and
      it will be given to him."          James 1:5