Re: [OT] List of dates from evolutions calendar

Hi again

> >this script is exactly what I wanted. Only one problem: It freezes on
> >dates containing non-ASCII characters, especially "ß". Any idea how I
> >could solve this?

Apparently this is not a problem with the script, but with the file
encoding. The console freezes on this character even when I just do a
"cat calendar.ics".

> This was a quick solution to a problem.  These lines would have to be
> smarter:
>    my $day   = substr( $xx, 6, 2 );
>    my $hour = substr( $xx, 9, 2 );
>
> If I knew exactly where the "g"s were happening I could fix it.  It also
> might a good exersize for you. :)

What "g"s?

> >Furthermore, .ics from evolution is not equal to .ics from korganizer.
> >If I use the evolution Calendar.ics file, all dates are timed 5 pm - 5
> >pm, while after importing them to korganizer/export them as .ics again,
> >it works (apart from the "ß" problem). Strange.
> >

> I'm 7 hours away from you and I wanted local time.  Change the following
> line:
>
> my $zone = 7;
>
> to reflect your time zone and you will have local time also.

This is not even necessary, as the time is stored in local time from
evolution. The problem is: the DTSTART and DTEND lines contain
information about the timezone in the evolution, but not in the
korganizer file version:

Evolution:
DTSTART;TZID=/softwarestudio.org/Olson_20011030_5/Europe/Berlin:
 20040516T143000

korganizer:
DTSTART:20040516T143000Z

Therefore the pattern matching in your script does not work on the
evolution file: It must not match the string after "DTSTART", but the
string on the line after the line beginning with "DTSTART" (and now tell
me how to express that in perl... ;) ).

joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!