Re: Doc viewer

On Wednesday 02 June 2004 05:41, richard lyons wrote:
> On Tuesday 01 June 2004 19:43, s. keeling wrote:
> > Incoming from richard lyons:
>
> [...]
>
> > > ~/.bashrc and ~/.bash_profile are not read unless I 'source'
> > > them manually.  I've never understood why.
> >
> > I always wondered that too, but the chickens are beginning to
> > come home to roost.  Someone explained the fix for this yesterday
> > in the "KDE and PATH" (or somesuch) thread.  See lists.debian.org
>
> My bad.  I skimmed the start of that thread, decided it didn't
> interest me as I don't run kde any more, and skipped it thereafter.
[...]
Actually this turned out to be a different problem.  Only reading the
'Problems with $PATH and KDE' thread started me thinking until I
inspected /etc/passwd -- and found that there was no shell specified
after the last colon against my username.  Adding /bin/bash there
gave me what I wanted all along.

--
richard