Re: Samba LDAP Help

Quoting Ignatz Sol <flyingrobot@gmail.com>:

> On Tue, 1 Jun 2004 16:00:23 -0500, david.grudek@anixter.com
> <david.grudek@anixter.com> wrote:
> >
> > How is debian's samba package configured?  Does it come with acl support
> > or LDAP back-end support?  How does someone find out what a package was
> > precompiled with.  I was reading a web site on how to set tup samba with
> > LDAP and finding a good how to that steps a newbie though how to set up
> > LDAP is hard to find.  They mentioned smb-ldap utils where could you find
> > these packages for debian.  I did a apt-cache search for smb and LDAP and
> > found no packages that resembled these.  I need to get samba with LDAP
> > working but no luck so far.  I am running debian sarge.  How stable is
> > that.  It is a great system.  No crashing yet.  Far better then redhats
> > fedora or any of these other distro's.  Thanks debian guys.
> >

> I am also trying to learn samba for debian, though I'm still on woody
> for the time being.  Any pointers to tutorial-style pages would be
> greatly appreciated.

Idealx.org has a good samba-ldap tutorial, however, it's not debian specific,
but nevertheless, it should be helpfull. More info:
http://www.idealx.org/prj/samba/index.en.html

joost

DISCLAIMER
This e-mail and any attached files are confidential and may be legally privileged. If you are not the addressee, any disclosure, reproduction, copying, distribution, or other dissemination or use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error please notify A.S.T.R.I.D.  nv/sa immediately and then delete this e-mail.