Re: Kernel-2.6.5 and modules question..

On Thu, May 27, 2004 at 12:29:15PM -0400, Ishwar Rattan wrote:

> I am running kernel 2.6.5. I removed the ide-scsi line from
> /etc/modules but it is loaded all the same. Looks like a fresh
> /etc/modules is generated at every boot! Is there a way to
> force it to load only the modules that I want?

Check if there is an alias that would cause the module to load in
/lib/modules/modprobe.conf. If so, you should be able to remove the
alias from one of the files in /etc/modprobe.d and then rebuild the
modprobe.conf by running update-modules.

Another thought: If the module is being loaded by hotplug, you should be
able to prevent it from loading by adding ide-scsi to
/etc/hotplug/blacklist.

--
Jerome