problem with samba, windoze -> smbfs and directories

Hi all,

We are running a 3.0.2a Samba server here, which works fine, except
for one detail: when a Windows users creates a folder in a "guest ok
= no" share, that folder is not accessible to Linux users via
smbfs, even though the UNIX permissions are fine. In fact, the
folder is perfectly accessible to user A logged in through SSH on
the Samba server, but when A is "logged in" via smbfs, permission to
cd into the directory is denied.

What's going on?

Thanks,

`. `'`