Re: Lilo question..

Ishwar Rattan <ishwar@pali.cps.cmich.edu> writes:

> I have Debian/testing on /dev/hda5, Mandrake-10.0 on /dev/hda7 and
> swap on /dev/hda1
>
> The /etc/lilo.conf (currently set up for Mandrake boot)
>
> [snip]
> System does boot correctly.
>
> I added the entry
> image=/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.5
> 	label="debian"
> 	root=/dev/hda5
> 	initrd=/boot/initrd.img-2.6.5
> 	append="xx...xx"
> 	read-only
>
> and when command /sbin/lio is run it generates the error
>
> Fatal: open /boot/vmlinuz-2.6.5: No such file or directory
>
> How do I make it work? My expertise on lilo is limited..

I assume you did run /sbin/lilo from your mandrake system.

The /boot directory of your mandrake system is not the same as the one
from /debian. That's why lilo can't find the kernel. So either copy the
debian kernel and initrd into the mandrake /boot directory or mount the
debian files somewhere before running lilo (adapting the paths in lilo.conf)

Robert Epprecht