Re: ZIP drive question..

On Tue, 2004-05-25 at 15:18, Ishwar Rattan wrote:
> Here it is again.
>
> PC also has a CD-RW drive (internal ATAPI) and the install lilo.conf
> append line was:
>
>  append="ramdisk_size=100000 lang=en apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi \
>   hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce "
>
> and allowed CD-RW to work using ide-scsi interface??

These entries are for ide-scsi. ide-scsi is only used for CD/DVD drives
and has no bearing on other IDE devices.

> There seems to be an entry for /dev/hhd4
>
>  # /dev | grep hdd4
>  brw-rw----    1 root     disk      22,  68 Apr 14  2001 hdd4
>
> And also for /dev/sda4 (has no meaning here)
>
>  # ll /dev | grep sda4
>  brw-rw----    1 root     disk       8,   4 Apr 14  2001 sda4
>
> I am unable to figure out the solution..

Unless you're using udev with a 2.6 series kernel, the device entries
will always be there, whether or not they actually exist on the system.

This is a silly question, but you do of course have a disk in the drive,
right?

Also, if you're using hotplug, that might be affecting the drive as
well. Something else that would help would be a list of your current
modules (lsmod).

--
Alex Malinovich
pgp.net keyservers. Key ID: A6D24837