Re: bookmarks.html

On 25. May 2004 at 11:38AM -0600,
"Monique Y. Mudama" <spam@bounceswoosh.org> wrote:

> On 2004-05-25, Emma Jane Hogbin penned:

> > An open letter to Mozilla package maintainers (and a warning
> > to those who upgrade):
> >
> > I have a very simple request...
> >
> > Please, when versions of browsers are upgraded could you
> > PLEASE save my bookmarks.html file? I just lost ~6 weeks of
> > bookmarks because when I upgraded mozilla-firebird the
> > packaging system decided to install mozilla-firefox instead
> > and in the process deleted my history files and bookmark
> > files.
> >

> Ugh!  That sucks.

I suspect it was just misplaced.  I struggled with a similar
problem for an hour or so, until I found out that
mozilla-phoenix/firebird/firefox/any-other-fiery-mythical-beast
changed its prefs directory between name changes.  IRC at some
point I had ~/.phoenix ~/.mozilla-firebird and now ~/.firefox.
Perhaps a 'find -name "bookmarks.html"' will turn up the
misplaced bookmarks file.

Maybe the developers should just settle on a relatively name like
Mozilla G2 or Mozilla XP (or can alphanumeric combinations now be
trademarked?).