left-handed mouse

Dear Debian users,

I've a problem with left-handed mice on debian (sarge) and gnome. After
upgrading to kernel release 2.6 (currently 2.6.7-rc1) a left-handed
mouse (logitech optical wheel) behaves oddly: While I press the right
button within the window title bar the window menu is shown but I cannot
move the window. When I release the button the menu disappears. Likewise
the menu bar unrolls its menus only while I keep pressing the right
button.

With kernel 2.4.25-1-386 the mouse behaves properly at least at the PS/2
port. And even stranger: On a woody installation upgraded to sarge a
year ago and upgraded regularly afterwards a left-handed usb-mouse is
supported even with the latest kernel.

I've already checked the configuration of the kernel and the X11 server
but I don't see anything suspicious. Has anybody successfully configured
a left-handed usb-mouse on sarge and kernel release 2.6?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Willi

--