Re: ZIP drive question..

Here it is again.

PC also has a CD-RW drive (internal ATAPI) and the install lilo.conf
append line was:

 append="ramdisk_size=100000 lang=en apm=power-off hda=scsi hdb=scsi \
  hdc=scsi hdd=scsi hde=scsi hdf=scsi hdg=scsi hdh=scsi nomce "

and allowed CD-RW to work using ide-scsi interface??

So, on suggestion I tried the append options to:

 append="ramdisk_size=100000 lang=en apm=power-off nomce "

and I have the samne problem (mount: /dev/hdd4 is not a valid block
device)

There seems to be an entry for /dev/hhd4

 # /dev | grep hdd4
 brw-rw----    1 root     disk      22,  68 Apr 14  2001 hdd4

And also for /dev/sda4 (has no meaning here)

 # ll /dev | grep sda4
 brw-rw----    1 root     disk       8,   4 Apr 14  2001 sda4

I am unable to figure out the solution..

-ishwar