Re: [OT] Debian Users: Please boycott Paypal

Emma Jane Hogbin wrote:
I should have been more specific. What are the alternatives to PayPal
which do not require US/[insert other country name here] bank accounts.
Because PayPal is credit card based there's far less hassle for both those
paying and those receiving money. And as far as I know, PayPal is the only
one that will allow you to deposit from a credit card (via their account) into either a US or Canadian account.

In my personal experience, Paypal has a long history of not delivering for non-US people, including not accepting accounts at all, mandating transfers into US dollars, unhelpful customer service attitudes etc. Don't know what they're like now because I long ago took the decision to have nothing further to do with them :)

YMMV

Cheers, Dave