Re: KDE

Endianto wrote:

    Just installed Woody 'succesfully', but couldn't find KDE which is
    already setted up as kdm.

Are you saying that KDM (the graphical login window) is starting up, but that KDE is not in the list of available environments? If so, that's odd, as KDM is usually installed as part of the KDE installation process.

However, you can try "apt-get install kde" and that might get KDE installed for you. Report the results here, with any specific error messages that appear.

    Failed to install it manually, since when I go to
    /# /etc/apt/sources.list/  then found a message /bash:
/etc/apt/sources.list : Permission denied/

"sources.list" is a configuration file for apt/aptitude. You can look inside it, or edit it, but you can't run it, which it looks you're trying to do. That would be like trying to run a Microsoft Word document in Windows. My usual text editor is nano, so I'd edit the file with "nano /etc/apt/sources.list" (as the "root" user, of course). You can look at the contents of the file without editing it with "cat /etc/apt/sources.list", or "more /etc/apt/sources.list", or "less /etc/apt/sources.list". You probably don't want to edit it anyway unless you're wanting to update your system from Woody (Stable) to Sarge (Testing) or to Sid (Unstable), or are wanting to install packages from "third party" sources.

--
Kent