KNOPPIX CD to check computer's linux compatibility?

This is followup to my previously posted 'Integrated video and audio-OK for Linux?'

What I'm looking for is a way to run quick compatibility checks with a KNOPPIX CD on display computers in computer stores, something that could be done in a matter of a few minutes per computer.

I'd prefer to use terminal commands to do quick checks just to see if a computer is fully compatible with Linux. However, this doesn't exclude an Xwindows approach if there is one.

Any suggestions?

alex