Re: KNOPPIX CD to check computer's linux compatibility?

alex wrote:

What I'm looking for is a way to run quick compatibility checks with a KNOPPIX CD on display computers in computer stores, something that could be done in a matter of a few minutes per computer.

There seems to be some misunderstanding about this.
First, testing a computer with a KNOPPIX CD under the watchful eyes of an impatient computer store salesperson who has no knowledge of Linux whatsoever and doesn't want you to open the computer to have a looksee is not the best environment for that test.

So, the test would have to be quick, whether it is done with graphics or typed commands. I prefer typing in commands but if it can be done with KDE, that would be acceptable. It might even demonstrate Linux to the watchful Linux-ignorant salesperson.

I realize that the surest way to do a Linux compatibility check is to do a full installation of everything. But, how would you perform a quick check with a KNOPPIX CD under the conditions mentioned above? Specifics, please.

alex