Re: KNOPPIX CD to check computer's linux compatibility?

on Sun, May 16, 2004 at 08:56:41PM -0400, alex (radsky@ncia.net) wrote:
> This is followup to my previously posted 'Integrated video and
> audio-OK for Linux?'
>
> What I'm looking for is a way to run quick compatibility checks
> with a KNOPPIX CD on display computers in computer stores,
> something that could be done in a matter of a few minutes per
> computer.
>
> I'd prefer to use terminal commands to do quick checks just to
> see if a computer is fully compatible with Linux.  However, this
> doesn't exclude an Xwindows approach if there is one.
>
> Any suggestions?

    http://twiki.iwethey.org/Main/LinuxSystemInfoScript

    A "system-info" script which will grab settings.

    In addition to its output (sample linked below), you'll want to grab
    /etc/X11/XF86Config-4.

    http://twiki.iwethey.org/twiki/pub/Main/LinuxSystemInfoScript/system-info-ego.txt

Peace.

   Rules of Spam:  #3:  Spammers are stupid.