Re: upgrade to 2.6.5 problem

csj <csj@zapo.net> writes:

>> He would be better off doing it the udev way, namely adding it to the
>> rules file, like this:
>> KERNEL="mixer*",     NAME="sound/%k", SYMLINK="%k"
>> (add the SYMLINK statement to the rule)
>
> Or maybe by creating a custom rules file in rules.d, which can be
> retained across upgrades, like:
>
> /etc/udev/rules.d/mixer.rule

If you are going to do that, make sure that the rule is
KERNEL="mixer*", SYMLINK="%k"

That is, you remove the NAME statement, since udev will only use one
NAME statement pr node.
Also, there is a bug current udev (024) where the udev rule parser will
stop at the first rule with NAME, so you have to make sure your rules
comes up before the rule with the NAME statement (although, this might
have been fixed in the debian version of udev... I really should convert
over one of these days).

--
John L. Fjellstad