Re: Can rpm packages from other linux distribution be used on Debian?

s. keeling wrote:

Incoming from Silvan:
On Friday 14 May 2004 11:19 pm, Paul E Condon wrote:

packages because the Debian community believes its deb packaging system is
superior to the rpm system.* Debian also has a social commitment to free
* Actually, it _is_ superior, but I'm trying to be nice.
Vastly so. No need to be nice about it. The wRetched Package Manager just needs to go away. :)

Could you do World Peace first?  It might be easier.

There could be no World Peace while RPM exists freely and is so widely supported by fanatical users with no regard for ease of use or superior methods. We simply can not compromise!

--
Damon L. Chesser
dchesser@bigfoot.com