Re: framebuffer doesn't work ?

> i've a problem to run a framebuffer in console ( i think)
> I've got a test prog from the web as attached.
> This error occurs:
> The framebuffer device was opened successfully.
> Error reading fixed information.

I'm not sure but you either don't have the framebuffer support enabled
in the kernel or the wrong one or the driver isn't loaded. Check once
again if the correct kernel driver for your grafic card is loaded. Or
your "/dev/fb0" isn't a framebuffer device.

BTW I've just written a similar test program but it's too early to make
it public.

O. Wyss

--
See a huge pile of work at "http://wyodesktop.sourceforge.net/";