Re: graphic card problems

I had a lot of problems with i810 video cards (intel graphics extreme2's in particular). I ended up add the i810 framebuffer to the kernel, setting "vga=791" in lilo.conf and using fbdev as the video driver in XF86Config.

if it's an integrated card you may also need to allocate more memory to the card in the system bios. My IBM Thinkcentre's were set to only 1Meg video memory by default, not enough for 1024x768 at 16/24bit color

-------

Jacob Bresciani
Systems Analyst
Faculty of Electrical and Computer Engineering
University of Alberta
Bus: (780) 492-7368
Fax: (780) 492-1811
jacob.bresciani@ualberta.ca