Re: graphic card problems

Thanks for all the surggestions, I have tried adding agpgart but there
was not change. Now the first error message is

(EE) I810: Given depth (1) is not supported by i810 driver

I have played around with the colour depths, evening setting to 1 didn't
change this situation.

Did you play with these settings by running "dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86", or by editing the /etc/X11/XF86Config-4 file by hand, or how? If you edited the file by hand at any time, later runs of the "dpkg-reconfigure" command will no longer affect the file, without notice, if I remember correctly.

After running dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xfree86 I have noticed that there
isn't a XF86Config file in /etc/X11 there is only XF86Config-4 with a
load of other stuff. Should I have a XF86Config as well as XF86Config-4?

The older version of X (v. 3.x) used XF86Config; the newer v4 version uses the XF86Config-4 file. A depth of 1 is too low for the i810 driver; I'd try 8, 15, 16, and 24. I'd also try playing with the resolution lines, removing anything over 800x600 for testing purposes.

--
Kent