Re: graphic card problems

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 12:48:55PM +0100, James Hosken wrote:

> James Hosken wrote:
> |

> | James Hosken wrote:
> | | I've tying to configure xfree86 on a old PIII450, it running Sarge. It
> | | has a on-board graphics card, the output from lspci is
>
> (EE) GARTInit: Unable o open /dev.agpgart 9No such device)
> (EE) I810(0): AGP GART support is not avaliable. Make sure your kernel
> has agpgart support ot that the agpgart kernek module is loaded.
> <snip>
> (EE) Screens(s) found, but none have a usable configuration.
>
> Fatal server error:
> no screens found
>

> I'm running the debian kernel 2.6.5-11686, surly this would have agpgart
> support in it. I really don't know what I'm doing now, any one with any
> other ideas?
> Cheers
> James
Hi James,
This is on my system with a 2.6.4 kernel:
/lib/modules/2.6.4-1-386/kernel/drivers/char/agp/agpgart.ko
You would add the line:
agpgart
to the /etc/modules file.
This will load this module upon startup.
If you want to see it work now, you can manually type:
modprobe agpgart
to see what happens and try to configure X for there.
-Kev