RE: HELP! - My linux server won't boot anymore

>I had something similar once, (not really, since I screwed up my lilo
manually ;) ).

>Here's what I did, get Knoppix (knoppix.org) if you don't already have it.
>Boot from the knoppix disk, mount your root filesystem. Chroot into it.
Edit your lilo configuration. Get out of the chroot jail,
>unmount the filesystem.
> Reboot and remove the knoppix disk.
> That's the short version, but you may want to look at this step-by-step
guide:

> http://www.troubleshooters.com/linux/knoppix/knoppix_rescue.htm
>
>It's a breeze, and very good for your confidence ;)
>

>joost

Things are not looking good.

I ran up KNOPPIX
I unlinked my vmlinuz and initrd.img files and re-linked then to the old
kernel 2.4.25-1-686

Rebooted
Still get the same problem

RAMDISK: Couldn't find valid RAM disk image starting at 0
kernel panic: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on unknown-block(3,2)

I just  don't understand what is going on. 2.4.25 was working perfectly
before. Everything turned to shit when I installed 2.6.5.

Daniel.