Re: frozen Exim message

On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 04:50:43PM -0700, Paul Yeatman wrote:
[...]

| Yet the problem isn't with messages containing spam or a virus as much
| as such messages being sent to someone else's mail server, being
| detected as such, and then being returned to a bogus user on my
| server.

Look in your logs and find out how the message managed to get into
your queue in the first place.

| I think Ronny and now myself are more asking if anyone
| has a clever way of dealing with these.

Don't accept mail for non-existant users.  I don't remember all the
details with exim, but you need to put a check in your rcpt acl.  I
expect there is plenty of information on the web, particularly if you
search the exim-users archives.

| Otherwise, this will be a continual and constant situation: the need
| to manually eliminate such messages from the queue.

Indeed.  That's one reason why you don't want to accept mail for
non-existant users.  The other is to avoid being a source of
"backscatter".

-D

--
                          Your mouse has moved.
       You must restart Windows for your changes to take effect.