How to transfer a 2Gb file Linux -> Windows?

I've downloaded a couple of Debian DVD ISOs onto my (dual-boot) Debian
Unstable box for my friend.  He now wants me to transfer them to his
Windows PC over the local network.  Unfortunately, we've hit more than a
few problems:

*  I tried connecting to his machine using the Samba client, but it
copies 2Gb of each file and then fails reliably.

*  I tried copying them to the Windows partition of my machine, but it
copies 2Gb of each file and then fails reliably.

*  I tried using tar to split the ISOs into 2Gb files, which seemed
successful but we were then unable to re-combine them.

*  I tried zip, but it fails with "zip warning: name not matched".

I seem to be finding that rather a few Linux apps still have 2Gb file
size limits :-(

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Cheers,

Jon