Re: How to transfer a 2Gb file Linux -> Windows?

Am Di, den 04.05.2004 schrieb Jonathan Melhuish um 13:37:
<snipped problems listing>
> I seem to be finding that rather a few Linux apps still have 2Gb file
> size limits :-(

As you were at least able to download and store these large files under
Linux, it seems more that Windows has 2GB limitation. This is true for
all FAT partitions. Only NTFS volumes can deal with files larger than
that under Windows. Problem: You can't (at least per default) write to
them from linux.

> Has anyone got any suggestions?

Burn your DVD directly under Linux. I don't want to suggest using
Windows XP...

joerg

--
Gib GATES keine Chance!