Problem in obtaining high resolution display using Intel 865G graphical chipset

Hi All,

   I have problem in getting my KDE to display high resolution screen
beyond 640x480 using 16 bits colour. I have read the notes on the web
regarding the i810 driver and have upgraded my kernel to 2.4.18. My
version of XFree86 is 4.3.0 which can support my chipset using i810
driver. I have also installed agpgart module using modconf
successfully. When I tried to increase the resolution by changing
XF86Config-4, it gives me the error that the mode is not supported. I
noted that my video RAM is recognised by only 852KiloByte from the log
file, even though I have stated VIDEORAM to be 16MB under the
XF86Config-4 file. I really hope that someone can help me as I have
been stuck on this problem for many days. Thank you very much.

Regards,
CheeWee
p.s my comp is Dell Optiplex GX270N. anyone exp such prob before?