Re: Problem in obtaining high resolution display using Intel 865G graphical chipset

CheeWee wrote:

Hi All,

  I have problem in getting my KDE to display high resolution screen
beyond 640x480 using 16 bits colour.

p.s my comp is Dell Optiplex GX270N. anyone exp such prob before?

Grrr! I'm getting to despise Dell. The BIOS version A03 (which is what's on my GX270) is broken, and misreports the amount of video RAM. I downgraded to A01 which solved my problem. I also sent an email to Dell informing them that if they don't want to get a reputation for shoddy hardware, they need to fix this. Their response? "Sorry, we don't support Linux."

--
Kent